Welcome to Woman Of Courage ID. You speak English? Why don't you check my UK blog HERE!

Lemon Chicken

By 11 December ,

Today I feel like posting a recipe. If you read some of my previous posts, you would know that I am on the mission to 'love cooking'. Good news! I found that cooking is not that boring, and it doesn't need to be stressful. It's fun! I just need to be ready with the menu for the week, and make sure I get all the ingredients I need when I go for groceries shopping. Yup, for me planning is crucial to avoid stress when I cook. 

So, since my interest on cooking grow I would love to share my foods and recipes on my blog. I already put "Kitchen Story + Recipe" on my drop down menu up there. Find it on the Blog section.

Alright, I will start my Kitchen Story with this Lemon Chicken. One night, my fiance and I were hungry and we decided to order Chinese Take Away. He ordered Lemon Chicken. So inspired by his food, I gave it try on my own kitchen. Glad that I could find all the ingredients. 
Lemon Chicken
Ingredients: 
4x Chicken Breast (cut into strips)
2x Eggs
3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 tablespoon Shaoxing Wine/ Cooking Wine
2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
3 Big Lemons (zest + juice)
Cornstarch (mixed with pa pinch of salt)
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/3 cup Sugar
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Sesame seeds 
Steps: The Chicken   

  1. Beat the egg in a medium size bowl. Add soy sauce, shaoxing wine, sesame oil, juice and zest from 1 lemon. 
  2. Mix all the ingredients together, and add the chicken strips. Make sure all the strips are coated. Marinate it for 1-2 hours.
  3. Coat the chicken strips with cornstarch, and deep fry it until golden brown.
  4. Transfer chicken to a plate with grease paper on it. Chicken ready.
          Steps: The Sauce
  1.  Add juice and zest from 2 lemons, chicken stock, and sugar to a sauce pan. Boil it and stir it occasionally.    
  2. Move the chicken to the serving plate, pour the sauce to it, and add sesame seeds. Lemon Chicken is ready.
Selamat Makan!*
Happy eating in Bahasa Indonesia



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That looks delicious! I've always loved lemon chicken too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brit, it tastes good. Glad you love Asian food 😊😊

      Delete
  2. Oh! That looks delicious! And it sounds easy enough; thanks for the recipe! I also used to hate cooking, but am learning to enjoy it more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you just hit the bottom of the article. Now, let me know your thoughts. Don't forget to subscribe and come back again. Stay blessed!

Cek VLOG terbaruku